Are you looking for a natural shampoo to get relief from your itchy scalp ? Then here you will learn how to make a natural homemade shampoo for itchy scalp.
This natural shampoo does not only give your scalp relief from itching but also helps to moisturize your scalp and reduces dry and flaky scalp.
There are so many reasons why your scalp itches and below are some common causes for itchy scalp :
- The most common reason for itchy scalp can be due to dandruff
- Extremely dry skin can lead to itchy scalp
- Dehydration can also make your skin very dry and thus lead to itchy scalp
- Head lice also causes scalp itching
- Tiny bumps also called as hives causes itching on scalp
- Fungal infection
- Eczema etc.
So, above are some common causes that can lead to scalp itching. If your scalp is always itchy then you should consider using natural ingredients for your hair.
Not only a natural shampoo but all the other things that you use for your hair should be gentle and natural. Hair products containing harmful chemicals can make your scalp worse.
Now, let’s know how you can make your own shampoo for itchy scalp at home.
- Unscented pure liquid castile soap – 1/4 cup ( Best is Dr. Bronner’s castile soap )
- Distilled water – 1/2 cup
- Peppermint essential oil – 10 drops
- Chamomile essential oil – 10 drops
- Jojoba oil – 1 Tablespoon
- A clean bottle
- Take a clean and dry bowl and add distilled water
- Then add liquid castile soap
- Using a fork mix them both properly with gentle hands
- Then add the essential oils and jojoba oil
- Again mix everything evenly
- Transfer the shampoo to the bottle.
Your homemade natural shampoo for itchy scalp is all ready. You can use this shampoo twice or thrice a week or the same way you use your regular shampoo.
Ok, so this shampoo is completely natural and very gentle for your scalp. But let’s know why and how this shampoo is helpful for an itchy scalp.
Benefits of Pure Castile Soap For Hair & Itchy Scalp:
- Pure castile soap is made with natural ingredients, using natural oils. It does not contain any animal fat and it can be used to clean almost everything
- It is mild and gentle on the scalp
- Helps to remove any product build up from scalp
- Castile soap helps in deep scalp cleaning in a gentle way
- Makes your scalp nourished and reduces dry and flaky scalp
- Castile soap does not stripe off your scalp’s natural oil balance
- It helps to helps to soothe and calm itchy, irritated scalp.
One thing you should note is that, though castile soap is mild and gentle for skin and hair. It should never be used directly because it too much concentrated. Always dilute it with water before using.
Benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil for Itchy Scalp :
- Peppermint essential oil has anti-bacterial properties, which helps to treat any bacterial growth on scalp
- It has cooling properties, that helps to cool and soothe itchy and irritated scalp
- Peppermint essential oil also helps to improve hair growth by improving blood circulation in scalp
- Helps to treat dry scalp.
Benefits of Chamomile Essential Oil for Itchy Scalp :
- Chamomile essential oil comes with anti-septic properties, which helps to clear out dirt and pollution from scalp gently
- It also helps to remove excess grease from scalp which clogs hair follicles. Clogged hair follicles can also lead to scalp itching
- It helps to treat dandruff and dry scalp
- Chamomile essential oil is also known for it’s soothing properties. It helps to soothe and provides calming effect to itchy scalp.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Itchy Scalp :
- Jojoba oil is a great less greasy carrier oil for scalp and hair. It helps to provide deep moisturization to your scalp
- It nourishes scalp without making your scalp feel very greasy and heavy. It’s a lightweight oil
- Jojoba oil also helps to reduce dandruff, dry and flaky scalp
- It helps to make your hair healthy and smooth.
Final Thoughts :
This homemade natural shampoo will help to give your scalp relief from itching. All the ingredients used in this shampoo are natural. Also all the ingredients are great for itchy and dry scalp.
So, you can use this homemade natural shampoo to make soothe and calm your itchy and irritated scalp.
You can also check out these other recipes related to hair :