Learn this amazing recipe to make your own rice water hair conditioner at home. This diy homemade rice water conditioner is made from all the natural ingredients.
I am so obsessed with using rice for my natural skin and hair care recipes. Simply because of it’s wonderful benefits, that we will discuss at the end.
I already created a recipe to make rice shampoo bar at home, that you can check out.
So, this recipe does not uses any type of soap. As the purpose of a hair conditioner is to nourish your hair to the roots and make them smooth and bouncy.
Cleansing part is already done while shampoo so I don’t feel any need to again add soap in this conditioner.
Let’s see the most amazing recipe, because it’s too much easy to make
1. Rice – 5 tbsp
2. Almond oil – 1 tbsp
3. Aloe vera gel – 1 tbsp
4. Rosemary essential oil – 5 drops
1. Wash the rice properly and soak them in water
2. Make sure to do not add too much water
3. Soak the rice overnight to get a fermented rice water
4. Then in a blender, blend rice along with the fermented rice water
5. Using a muslin cloth, strain the mixture to get a smooth rice paste
6. Then add almond oil, aloe vera gel and essential oil
7. Give it a nice mix and pour it in a clean jar or bottle
Your homemade all natural rice water hair conditioner is ready.
HOW TO USE THIS RICE CONDITIONER ?
1. After washing your hair, divide them in small sections
2. Take out some conditioner and apply it all over your hair from scalp to roots
3. As this is all natural and homemade you can easily apply it all over your hair along with scalp without any worry
4. Keep this conditioner for about 15 minutes and then wash your hair.
You can use this conditioner twice or thrice a week.
HOW LONG THIS CONDITIONER WILL LAST ?
I usually make this conditioner for 2 uses per week. As it does not contain any preservatives, it would last for 6-7 days easily.
During very hot days you can keep the bottle in refrigerator and remove it few hours before using.
BENEFITS OF USING THIS HOMEMADE RICE CONDITIONER :
RICE WATER BENEFITS FOR HAIR :
1. Rice is a very good source of amino acids. Which helps to deeply nourish hair follicles, prevents hair breakage and boost hair growth
2. It has natural conditioning properties, makes your hair smooth, shiny and bouncy
3. Rice comes with anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties, helps to treat dandruff, itchy scalp and improves overall scalp health.
ALMOND OIL BENEFITS FOR HAIR :
1. Almond oil is a rich source of vitamin E. It helps to reduce hair fall, makes your hair strong and encourages hair growth
2. It has anti-inflammatory properties, which helps to reduces dandruff, scalp inflammation and makes scalp healthy
3. It’s moisturizing properties helps to lock moisture in your scalp, reduces dryness, prevents premature hair greying and also treats split ends
4. Makes your hair healthy, nourished, soft and bouncy naturally.
ALOE VERA GEL BENEFITS FOR HAIR :
1. Aloe Vera is very gentle and refreshing in nature. It helps to soothe itchy scalp, reduces dandruff and makes hair follicles healthy
2. It is rich in vitamins and minerals such vitamin A, C, E, Folic acid. That helps to make your hair super strong and healthy
3. Aloe Vera also helps to reduce excess oil from scalp without making your hair dry.
ROSEMARY ESSENTIAL OIL BENEFITS FOR HAIR :
1. Rosemary essential oil also has anti-inflammatory properties. Helps to soothes scalp, encourages blood circulation
2. It helps to make your hair follicles strong and thus makes your hair healthy from the roots
3. Makes your hair thick by maintaining scalp health. Also it helps to make your hair strong, shiny and bouncy
4. Regular use of rosemary essential oil, helps to reduce hair fall and increases hair growth naturally.
FINAL THOUGHTS :
Now you know why this diy rice hair conditioner is so good for your hair. It does not contain any harmful chemicals. You can always add essential oils of your choice.
Though this conditioner does not create a lather effect like store brought does, simply because we have not added any soap. Trust me this works better than store brought and chemical loaded conditioners.