Here you will learn the most simple and easy recipe to make diy rice shampoo bar at home. This shampoo bar is made using natural ingredients.
Many times you will find shampoo bar recipes made by experts requires many ingredients. It becomes a bit difficult for beginners to make them.
So, In this recipe you don’t need to make the base from scratch. You can simply use a high quality organic soap base for this rice shampoo bar.
There are variety of soap base available, you can use any of the following :
- Goat milk soap
- Glycerin soap base
- Coconut milk soap base
- Shea butter soap base
For this recipe I am using goat milk soap base ( you can use any )
Let’s jump to the recipe
- Goat milk soap base – 200 grams
- Cocoa butter – 1 tbsp
- Rice starch powder – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Vitamin E oil or capsule – 1 tsp / 1 capsule
- Rosemary essential oil – 8 drops
- Lavender essential oil – 8 drops
- Silicon molds or paper cups
- Using double boiler method melt soap base along with coco butter on medium heat
- Make sure to stir continuously
- Add rice starch powder gradually and stir to avoid lumps
- let the mixture cool
- Add olive oil, vitamin E and essential oils
- Mix everything properly
- Pour the mixture into molds and tap to avoid bubbles
- Let the shampoo bar set for some hours
- Take them out and your homemade rice shampoo bars are ready.
HOW TO USE HOMEMADE SHAMPOO BAR :
- Wet your hands and soap
- Rub and create lather
- Apply on your scalp and hair gently
- Rinse with water.
You can use this rice shampoo bar twice or thrice a week.
WHY SWITCHING TO A SHAMPOO BAR IS GOOD ?
- Shampoo bar made from natural ingredients are safe and gentle on your hair
- These are better than regular shampoo that contains many chemicals
- It helps you to reduce use of plastic bottles
- Using shampoo bar helps to protect your scalp’s natural oil and does not make your hair dry
- Helps to save money because shampoo bars if kept properly last longer than shampoo
HOW TO MAKE YOUR SHAMPOO BAR LAST LONGER ?
After using the shampoo bar, make sure to keep it in a soap container that has holes to drain leftover water. Also keep the container away from shower.
If you keep your shampoo bar dry and clean, it will last longer easily.
This homemade rice shampoo bar is filled with natural goodness, Let’s know it’s benefits.
BENEFITS OF GOAT MILK SOAP FOR HAIR :
- Goat milk is a very gentle and mild in nature
- It has natural conditioning properties, helps to make your hair soft
- Helps to deeply nourish your scalp and prevent dryness, itchy scalp
- Goat milk soap also helps to reduce dandruff and soothes your scalp
- It also helps to control frizzy hair and makes your hair manageable.
BENEFITS OF COCOA BUTTER FOR HAIR :
- Cocoa butter is an amazing source of vitamin K and E. These both are essential for healthy hair
- It helps to make your hair strong and reduce hair fall
- Cocoa butter also helps to moisturize your scalp and repair damaged hair
- Helps to make your hair super shiny and smooth.
BENEFITS OF RICE STARCH FOR HAIR :
- Rice starch helps to improve hair growth and prevents hair fall
- It is an amazing source of amino acids that nourishes hair follicles and provides strength
- Helps to make your hair smooth and shiny
- Rice starch also has anti fungal properties, that prevents any fungal growth on scalp
- It is a natural conditioner and helps to improve hair volume.
BENEFITS OF OLIVE OIL FOR HAIR :
- Olive oil is a very good source of antioxidants that helps to repair hair damage
- It helps to make your hair strong from roots
- Makes your hair shiny, smooth and silky
- Helps to detangle your hair easily
- Olive oil also helps to make your thick, long and adds volume.
BENEFITS OF VITAMIN E FOR HAIR :
- Vitamin E helps to encourage hair growth
- It helps to reduce hair fall and repair damaged hair
- Makes your hair smooth and glossy naturally
- Vitamin E also helps to balance production of oil in your scalp
- Helps to nourish your scalp and makes your hair healthy.
BENEFITS OF ROSEMARY ESSENTIAL OIL FOR HAIR :
- Rosemary essential oil promotes hair growth by improving blood circulation
- It has anti inflammatory properties, soothes your scalp and provides relief
- Also helps to prevent premature graying of hair.
Moreover, Rosemary is a natural preservative. So, it will also help our shampoo bar to last longer.
BENEFITS OF LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL FOR HAIR :
- Lavender essential oil helps to soothe and calm irritated, dry and itchy scalp
- Helps to prevent dandruff
- It has anti fungal and anti microbial properties, keeps your hair safe from scalp infections and lice
- Helps in preventing hair thinning
- Encourages hair growth
- Lavender oil helps to make your healthy and strong.
FINAL THOUGHTS :
This homemade rice shampoo bar has so many benefits for your hair. It is affordable and made with natural ingredients that makes your healthy, strong and beautiful.