In this article you will learn how you can make a rich, creamy and fluffy body butter at home with this simple recipe.
WHAT IS A BODY BUTTER ?
Body butter is basically a butter made from natural oils, essential oils and butters. Body butter can be easily applied on all over body and it helps to make your skin soft, provides deep nourishment and repair damaged skin.
It also helps to make your skin glowing by reducing dullness and dryness. You can especially apply body butter on the most dry areas of your body such as elbows, knees or even on cracked heels.
So, let’s see this simple recipe to make body butter at home
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Shea butter – 2 tbsp
- Cocoa butter – 1 tbsp
- Almond oil – 1 tsp
- Lavender essential oil or of your choice – 8 drops
- Arrowroot powder – 1 tbsp ( to make body butter less greasy )
- A clean container – 1
1. In a bowl add coconut oil, shea butter, almond oil and cocoa butter
2. Then add some water in a sauce pan and bring it to boil and then remove it from the heat, keep it on your counter top
3. Then place the bowl on saucepan and melt the oils and butters, after melting the ingredients remove it and let it cool for few minutes, then add your choice of essential oil and mix
4. Place the body butter bowl in refrigerator for half hour to let it become solid but not too much solid, after half hour take the bowl out.
5. Then using a spoon or electric hand mixer, whisk the body butter, add arrowroot powder gradually and whisk until it becomes light and fluffy in texture.
6. Then pour your homemade body butter in a clean, small container and done. Your homemade body butter is ready.
FEW TIPS :
- You can use essential oil of your choice such as vanilla, orange, peppermint etc
- Also you can substitute coconut oil with other oil such as grape seed oil and cocoa butter with mango butter
- I used coconut oil because it is an easily available ingredient and has many benefits for skin
- I used arrowroot powder to make it light because using these oils and butters can make your body butter greasy.
- Jojoba oil can be used instead of almond oil because it is fast absorbing oil and if you have more oily skin.
- My skin remains a bit more dry even in the summers, so you can always substitute some ingredients according to your skin type.
- You can substitute arrowroot powder with tapioca starch or corn starch.