Here you will learn how you can make a nourishing rice milk soap at home. This homemade rice milk soap is so easy to make and it makes your skin super soft and glowing.
These days rice has became a popular ingredient in many skin and hair care products. You may be already using some rice products in your daily life.
Simply because rice has many benefits for your hair and skin that we will discuss later. The way rice makes your hair strong and healthy in the same way it so good for your skin too.
So, here is a very simple recipe to make rice milk soap at home. This recipe includes 2 steps, first step includes making rice milk and in second step you will learn the actual soap making process.
Let’s start this simple recipe to make rice milk soap at home.
Ok, Now firstly we need rice milk. It can be made in 2 ways. You can make rice milk by cooking the rice and in other way you can use soaked rice. Here I am sharing the cooked rice method because I feel this way I get more creamy milk.
HOW TO MAKE RICE MILK AT HOME : ( Using cooked rice )
- Rice – 1/2 cup
- Wash the rice 3-4 times
- Then add the rice to a sauce pan for cooking
- Pour water in the rice
- Cook the rice until they get soft, cover the lid and stir in between
- Turn off the heat when rice become soft
- Cool rice at room temperature
- Then add 1/2 cup cooked rice in a blending jar
- Pour 1 cup water
- Blend it nicely
- Strain it using a cheesecloth or nut milk bag
Your creamy homemade rice milk is ready. Now let’s make the soap
HOW TO MAKE RICE MILK SOAP AT HOME :
- Rice milk – 1/2 cup
- Organic Shea butter soap base – 200 gram
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Your Favourite essential oil – 8 drops ( I used rosehip essential oil )
- Use double boiler method for melting soap base
- Cut the soap base in pieces
- Add them to a large bowl and place it over the heating water
- Melt the soap base, add coconut oil and mix
- Then add rice milk to the soap when it is almost melted
- Then remove from the heat add essential oil and mix
- Pour the soap in mould and tap it to avoid bubbles
- Let the soap get set for few hours
- Remove the soap from mould.
Your diy homemade rice milk soap is ready. Now let’s know why this soap is so good for your skin.
7 BENEFITS OF RICE MILK FOR SKIN :
- Rice milk is very gentle and soothing in nature, which helps to calm irritated skin
- It has anti inflammatory properties that helps to treat sun burn and repairs damaged skin
- Rice milk helps to tighten skin pores and makes your skin firm
- Also helps to treat acne and pimples
- It has anti-aging properties which helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- It also comes with skin whitening properties, which helps to reduce pigmentation, blemishes, tanning and improves skin complexion
- Rice milk also helps to make your skin clear, smooth and glowing naturally.
You can also learn these 8 natural home remedies to get glowing skin at home.
So, In this recipe I used shea butter, because of it’s amazing benefits for skin. You can use any gentle and organic soap base like oat milk or coconut soap base etc. Let’s know some wonderful benefits of using shea butter.
BENEFITS OF SHEA BUTTER FOR SKIN :
- Shea butter has anti-aging properties, that helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines
- It is a natural moisturizer, which helps to deeply nourish your skin
- Treats dull and dry skin and makes your skin moisturized and soft
- It is rich in healthy fats that makes your skin healthy
- Shea butter is a good source of vitamin A and E, which both makes your skin soft, glowing and younger
- Using shea butter on skin helps to reduce stretch marks, razor bumps and improves overall skin health.
Check out these other wonderful recipes with rice :
FINAL THOUGHTS :
This homemade rice milk soap is filled with amazing benefits that will help to improve your skin texture and makes your skin healthy and glowing.