Do you feel tired after hard workout and daily household chores ? Then here is a simple recipe to make diy soap for sore muscles. This homemade soap will soothe your sore muscles and provides a calming relief.
We all know a warm water bath helps to relax our body and mind after doing lots of work. This soap even enhances the calming effect of warm water bathing. Also it will help to provide you relief from mild ache which is caused due to work stress.
I always take bath after doing all my morning work like workout, kitchen and cleaning in the morning and at the end of the work I feel a bit tired and my body demands for a nice warm bath. So I made this sore muscle relief soap to feel calm and relaxed like a spa everyday.
Also I love to use colorful soaps, sometimes even I use 2 -3 different colors and sizes for making the same soap.
Colors helps to enhance mood. So sometime I use natural colors or sometime I use fruit powders like blueberry powder, beetroot powder or dragon fruit powder because of their lovely color. Though it is completely optional and up to you.
So let’s get started with the recipe to make this amazing homemade sore muscle relief soap
- Soap base – 200 grams ( You can use any soap base but make sure it should be gentle and natural )
- Epsom salt – 1/2 cup ( In semi fine powder form )
- Lavender essential oil – 8 drops
- Soap mold or paper cup
- Natural soap color or fruit powder – 1 tbsp ( optional )
- To make this soap you need to melt the soap base
- Use double boiling method to melt it
- When the soap is almost melted, add epsom salt and make sure to stir it well
- Then remove the melted soap from heat
- Let it cool just a bit
- Then add essential oil and mix
- Pour the soap in the soap mold or paper cup and tap it to remove any bubbles
- You can also spray rubbing alcohol to remove the bubbles if you have it
- Let the soap get solidify and then remove it from the mold and done
Your homemade sore muscle relief soap is all ready to use. So, this recipe is so simple and yet very effective due to the powerful ingredients like epsom salt and essential oil used in it. Let’s know why these are so powerful.
Benefits Of Epsom Salt :
- Epsom salt is known for it’s amazing properties from centuries for health and beauty
- When it is used with warm water it absorbs in your skin and boost the level of magnesium in your body. Thus helps to improve your mood
- It helps to calm sore muscles and reduces pain
- Epsom salt also helps to reduce inflammation and muscle cramps
- Using epsom salt while bathing helps to regulate electrolytes in your body because it improves the function of nerves, muscles and enzymes
- Epsom salt also act as a natural exfoliator, it helps to remove dead skin cells and toxins from your body and makes your skin healthy and clear.
Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil :
- Lavender essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties, which helps to reduce inflammation
- It helps to soothe and provides calming effect to your body by relaxing your muscles and nerves
- Lavender essential oil also helps to reduce wrinkles, fine lines and dark spots
- It’s amazing aroma helps to calm your mood
- Helps in improving sleep quality
- It also has anti-bacterial properties, which reduces acne and pimples
- Lavender essential oil also helps to heal wounds and treat irritated skin.
So, now you know why this soap is so amazing to get relief from sore muscles. You might be thinking about other essential oils, yes there are some other oils also that you can use or substitute with lavender essential oil.
Other Essential Oils That Helps to Soothe Sore Muscles :
- Eucalyptus oil
- Peppermint oil
- Yarrow oil
- Sandalwood oil
- Lemongrass oil
- Rosemary oil etc.
You can also check out these other soap recipes on this blog :
Easy sandalwood and turmeric soap
Homemade activated charcoal soap