In this article you will learn how to make sandalwood & turmeric at home
Turmeric also known as golden spice is being used from centuries for health and beauty purpose. It is such an amazing spice that it is used in cooking, medicines, beauty products etc.
Sandalwood comes from sandal tree whose scientific name is santalum album. It is used for various purposes. It has a nice woody fragrance.
Sandalwood powder or sandalwood oil both provides amazing benefits to your skin. So, you can choose any one from both for this recipe.
Here, in this article I will show you the most easy recipe to make turmeric and sandalwood soap at home. Trust me this soap works so well and has a very nice fragrance too.
While using this soap you will feel like you are having a spiritual spa. Because both turmeric and sandalwood are considered sacred. While giving your skin an amazing glow.
Let’s see the recipe
- Goat milk melt & pour soap base – 250 gram
- Kasturi turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Sandal wood essential oil – 10 drops
- Soap mold or paper cups
- Cut the soap base into small pieces
- Using double boiling method melt the soap base
- Add turmeric powder and mix
- Remove the soap mixture from heat and let it cool a bit
- Then add sandalwood essential oil and mix
- Pour the mixture in mold
- Let it solidify and then remove it from the mold
- Your homemade sandalwood and turmeric soap is ready.
So, don’t you think it’s an easy recipe, well there are some tips I want to share with you.
- Firstly you have the choice to choose your melt & pour soap base
- You can use shea butter soap, glycerin soap base, aloe soap base etc
- I would suggest you to use kasturi turmeric, because it will not stain like the regular turmeric and provide amazing benefits to your skin
- You can substitute sandalwood essential with pure sandalwood powder
- Just add 2 tbsp of sandalwood powder along with turmeric powder
- Make sure to add powder gradually to avoid lumps.
So, you know the recipe now let’s see some amazing benefits of using this homemade soap.
BENEFITS OF TURMERIC FOR SKIN :
- Turmeric is a magic spice for your skin because it has so many benefits
- It helps to make to your skin glowing naturally
- Helps to exfoliate and detoxify skin naturally
- Turmeric also helps to reduce pimples, pigmentation, acne & blackheads
- It helps to make your skin firm and younger.
BENEFITS OF SANDALWOOD FOR SKIN :
- Sandalwood oil helps to improve uneven skin tone
- It helps to moisturize your skin
- Sandalwood oil contains antioxidants, which helps to fight with free radicals
- It helps to make skin firm and improves skin elasticity
- Helps to remove dark spots
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, soothes irritated skin, eczema
- It also helps to treat acne and makes skin glowing naturally.
FINAL THOUGHTS :
This homemade sandalwood and turmeric soap is filled with so many benefits. It is affordable, non-toxic and natural way to keep your skin healthy.
It can serve as an amazing homemade soap gift too. So, try this easy recipe and share your experience.
You can also check out these other diy soap recipes :