Beetroot helps to give your skin a natural youthful glow, learn this simple recipe to make beetroot soap at home using melt & pour method.
Beetroot is amazing for improving skin health as it is loaded with vitamin C and other essential nutrients which helps to reduce pre-mature ageing, reduce skin pigmentation and acne.
Beetroot also act as a natural blood purifier which helps in making your skin glowing naturally and also helps in collagen production.
So, let’s see the recipe to make homemade beetroot soap easily
THINGS YOU NEED :
- Goat milk soap base – 200 grm
- Beetroot powder – 3 tbsp
- Soap mold
- Rose essential oil ( optional ) – 5 drops
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Aloe vera gel – 1 tbsp
- Firstly we have to melt the soap base using double boiler method ( or you can microwave it for 30-35 seconds ) for that, take a big utensil and add water in it and keep the flame high
- Let the water boil for about 2-3 minutes
- Now keep a bowl on the utensil
- Cut the soap base in small pieces and add it in the bowl
- Now melt the soap base on medium flame till it becomes liquid
- After that turn off the flame and add beetroot powder & mix
- Now add other ingredients in the soap mixture and give it a nice mix
- Then pour this soap mixture in the mold and let it set for about 2 hours
- Now your own diy beetroot soap is ready for the use.
HOW LONG THE SOAP WILL REMAIN GOOD ?
Since we are using dry beetroot powder, soap will easily remain good for 3-4 months. But if you are using fresh aloe vera gel in it then it can be good for about 7-8 days. Try to use a good quality packed pure aloe vera gel.
WHAT IF YOU DON’T HAVE BEETROOT POWDER ?
Then make your own at home using this simple recipe.
INGREDIENT – Beetroot medium sized = 4
- Peel & wash beetroot properly
- Cut thin slices of beetroot
- Dry them on paper towel to get rid of excess water
- Now keep these slices for sun drying, it will take about 2 days
- If you have dehydrator then you can simply use that or even you can use oven to dry them.
- After drying slices, add them into grinder & grind them well
- Using a strainer, strain the powder to get a nice fine powder
- Your homemade beetroot powder is ready.
- You can use this powder in many other recipes or in natural skincare products.
As I said above you can make so many beauty recipes with using beetroot, checkout some of my easy beetroot beauty recipes
1 Natural diy beetroot lipstick