In this article you will learn an easy homemade beetroot scrub recipe.
I love making sugar scrubs at home. The best thing about homemade sugar scrub is that you can add any fresh ingredient into the sugar and sugar scrub is ready.
You can use sugar scrubs on your face as well as on your body. Scrubbing your body and face once a week helps to remove dead skin cells, improves blood circulation and makes skin firm & glowing naturally.
This time I am sharing an easy method to make beetroot sugar scrub at home. For this recipe you just need 3 ingredients. Along with the recipe I will share some amazing benefits of each ingredient used in this scrub for your skin.
- Beetroot – 1 small
- Coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
- White sugar or brown sugar – 3 tablespoon
- Wash and peel 1 small beetroot
- Using a grater, grate the beetroot
- Now squeeze the grated beetroot in a strainer, using a spoon
- Extract the juice of beetroot
- Take a small bowl add beetroot juice
- Add coconut oil in juice and mix
- Then add sugar and mix
- Your homemade beetroot scrub is ready.
HOW TO USE :
- Wash your face with your regular face wash ( if you want to scrub face )
- Clean and wet the area of your body you want to scrub
- Take some scrub
- Gently scrub in a circular motion for 3-4 minutes
- Let it sit for 2-3 minutes
- Wash and pat dry
- Use this scrub once a week.
BENEFITS OF BEETROOT FOR SKIN :
- Beetroot is an amazing source of vitamin c, which helps to encourage collagen production. Makes your skin firm and younger looking
- It helps to reduce pigmentation
- Treats acne and pimples
- Beetroot’s natural color helps to give your skin natural pinkish glow
- It helps to hydrate and detoxify your skin
- Beetroot also helps to reduce dark circles
- It has anti-aging properties.
BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL FOR SKIN :
- Coconut oil helps to moisturize your skin
- It has anti-bacterial properties, treats skin irritation, redness and itching
- Helps to reduce wrinkles, fine lines and dark spots
- Brighten your skin and makes skin glowing
- It also helps to treat dry skin
- Helps to reduce stretch marks.
BENEFITS OF SUGAR SCRUBBING FOR SKIN :
- Sugar scrub helps to exfoliate your skin
- It helps to unclog pores and remove ingrown hair
- Improve skin texture and make your skin super soft
- Sugar scrub helps to remove dirt, pollution and toxins from your skin.
CAN YOU STORE THIS SUGAR SCRUB ?
I usually do not store. Simply because I like to make this sugar scrub fresh. It does not take much time you only need 5-6 minutes to make it. So, it’s better to make it fresh whenever you want to scrub.
But if you still want to store then you can keep it in refrigerator for about 1-2 days in an airtight jar.
You can also check out some other recipes made with beetroot :