This article will show you how to make homemade beetroot lip stick or homemade beetroot lip balm.
Are you tired of using lipsticks that are filled with harmful chemicals ? If yes, then you are at the right place. Lipsticks filled with harmful chemicals & artificial colors can make your lips dry, dull and black.
lipsticks can be easily made at home with all the natural ingredients and which are easily available at home. So, basically this lipstick made from beetroot powder, which has a very beautiful natural color.
This natural lipstick will help to improves the texture of the lips. Using beetroot lipstick also helps to reduce darkness on the lips and makes them more soft and naturally pink.
An interesting thing about this recipe is that you can flavor it easily according to your choice. As here I am using beetroot powder, because I just love it’s natural color also it is beneficial for lips.
So, let’s see the recipe
THINGS YOU NEED :
- Beetroot – 1
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Beeswax – 1 tablespoon
- Vitamin E oil or capsule – 4-5 drops
- Empty lipstick bottle or a small jar
- Take the beetroot, wash it and peel
- Now slice or grate the beetroot
- Dry grated beetroot using microwave, dehydrator or in sunlight
- Grind the dried beetroot and sieve, to get a fine beetroot powder
- Then using double boiling method, melt beeswax
- Then olive oil and mix
- Add vitamin E oil or capsule and mix
- Mix 1 teaspoon beetroot powder, give it a nice mix to avoid lumps
- Pour the liquid in bottle or jar
- Let it solidify
- Your homemade natural lipstick is ready.
BENEFITS OF BEETROOT FOR LIPS :
- Beetroot has a natural pink color, that makes your lips naturally pink
- It has bleaching properties that helps to lighten dark lips
- Beetroot helps to provide hydration and moisturize your lips
- It also has anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants
- Overall beetroot helps to soften, lighten and give natural pink tint to your lips and makes them healthy.
BENEFITS OF OLIVE OIL FOR LIPS :
- Olive oil is a great oil for your lips, it helps to deeply nourish your lips
- It helps to prevent dryness, dullness and treat chapped lips
- Olive oil helps to make your lips soft and reduces pigmentation
- It has fatty acid that helps to lock moisture in your lips.
FINAL THOUGHTS :
Making this homemade beetroot lipstick will save your lips from so many harmful chemicals. Not only chemicals but you can save your money too.
As this lipstick is made from all the natural ingredients, it is non-toxic, super easy to make, gentle and affordable. All the ingredients can be found easily, so do try this recipe and share your experience.
Also you can make so many other wonderful recipes with beetroot, simply check these out :