Roses are amazing for both your skin & health because of their beauty & healing properties.
Here are some shocking uses, benefits of rose, rose water & rose oil.
Rose is an ancient flower which has been growing from thousands of years. It is used widely for various purposes like decoration, beauty products, aroma therapy, perfumes etc.
More than 200 different types of roses are found all over the world. Though their benefits are countless I am here sharing 5 benefits & uses of rose, rose water & rose oil.
BENEFITS AND USES :
SKIN CARE :
Roses has been used for treating skin problems for thousands of years. It gives you youthful skin, reduces uneven skin tone, pigmentation also helps in treating acne and scars.
You can use rose oil to have its benefits. Below is a simple recipe to make homemade rose oil.
DIY ROSE OIL :
- Roses – 14 -15
- Olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Grapeseed oil – 1/2 cup
- Wash the rose petals
- Put them in a glass jar
- Add grapeseed oil and olive oil
- Put the jar in a utensil
- Add some water in the utensil
- Keep the utensil on low flame for about 15 minutes
- Let the jar cool down
- Remove the jar from water
- Place the jar at a dark place for one day
- After one day remove rose petals from the oil
- Now your homemade rose oil is ready to use.
- Apply some oil on your face and neck before bedtime then wash your face in the morning, it will give natural glow to your face.
- Use it on acne scars
- Use it on your face if you have uneven skin tone.
HELPS TO REDUCE DEPRESSION AND STRESS :
Rose oil can be used to reduce stress by using it in a diffuser, it will provide relaxing and calming sensation.
Put 4-5 drops of rose oil in a diffuser and let the fragrance spread. You can also apply 1-2 drops of diy rose oil on your forehead to get relief from headache.
HELPS IN PURIFYING BLOOD :
Roses are good source of vitamin b3 and vitamin a. Zinc and iron are also found in roses.
Consuming 2 petals of fresh rose ( washed properly ) in the morning before breakfast will help you to purify blood, which will help you to prevent acne too.
HAIR HEALTH :
For improving hair health rose water can be used. Rose water moisturize and nourishes hair scalp, hair follicles and helps you to get rid of dandruff.
It improves hair growth and conditions your hair naturally. You can make your own homemade rose water with this simple recipe below.
DIY ROSE WATER :
- 10- 5 roses
- Distilled water
- Red or pink natural color – 1 drop ( optional )
- Wash the roses and separate their petals
- Take a utensil, fill it with water
- keep the utensil on low flame
- Add the rose petals
- Let them boil for about 7-8 minutes
- Rose petals will turn white in color
- Let the water cool at room temperature
- Remove the petals
- Pour the rose water in a clean bottle
- Your homemade rose water is ready.
Apply rose water on your scalp before bedtime and wash your hair in the morning with your regular shampoo.
LIP CARE :
Roses are amazing for your lips as they can help to nourish your lips & make them beautiful in many ways.
Using rose lip products or directly roses on your lips makes them soft, reduces darkness, dryness, gives them natural pink tint & improves texture.
Here is my simple diy rose lip scrub recipe that you can easily make at home.
ROSE LIP SCRUB :
- Brown / white sugar – 2 tbsp
- Rose water – 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 1/2 tbsp
- Glycerin – 4 drops
- In a bowl add sugar
- Add rose water, coconut oil & glycerin
- Mix everything properly
- Transfer it to a clean jar.
- Take a small amount of lip scrub
- Gently massage scrub on lips for 2-3 minute
- Keep the scrub on your lips for 1 min
- Wipe away scrub from your lips with a clean wipe or soft cloth
- Apply this scrub 3-4 times a week to get its benefits.
FINAL THOUGHTS :
Roses are being used from ancient times for their amazing properties. You can make so many natural beauty recipes using roses.
Not only beauty recipes it can be used in cooking, deserts, milkshakes, soap, body butter etc. It is simply a gift from nature. So, use this nature’s gift in your daily life and enjoy it’s amazing benefits.