In this article you will learn the most simple and affordable collagen powder recipe for vegans and vegetarians.
Before starting the recipe let’s quickly know some interesting things about collagen.
WHAT IS COLLAGEN ?
Collagen is a protein that is found in various connective tissues of our body. It can be found in skin, bones, joints, muscles etc.
Although our body produces collagen but as age increases production of collagen starts to reduce, which can cause wrinkles, fine lines, weak bones and joints etc.
Collagen is also known as Fountain of Youth.
WHAT DOES COLLAGEN DO FOR YOUR BODY ?
- Collagen helps to provide elasticity to your skin, makes skin firm and beautiful
- It helps to keep your bones and joints strong
- It helps to maintain nails and hair health
- Collagen also improves your gut health
- Helps to produce muscle mass etc.
Now you know why collagen is so important for your body. Let’s see the recipe
HOW TO MAKE COLLAGEN POWDER AT HOME ( vegan and vegetarian recipe )
- Indian gooseberry/ amla powder – 25 gram
- Beetroot powder – 25 gram
- Orange peel powder – 25 gram
- Mint powder – 25 gram
- Flax seeds – 25 gram
- Pumpkin seeds – 25 gram
- Peanut – 25 gram
- Almond – 25 gram
- Unprocessed Oats – 25 gram
- The first thing you have to do is to dry roast seeds and oats to remove moisture from them
- Take a flat pan and add flax seeds, stir and dry roast them for about 30-40 seconds
- Repeat the above step for pumpkin seeds and oats too
- Make sure to dry roast three of them separately
- Then let them cool at room temperature
- Take a grinding jar add all the ingredients mentioned in list
- Grind them to make a fine powder
- Add the powder in a clean air tight jar
Your own homemade collagen powder is ready.
SIDE NOTE : You can also dry roast almonds and peanuts for 30-40 seconds, if you feel them moist.
You may be wondering why I used these ingredients. Well these ingredients helps to increase collagen production in our body and provides many other benefits. Let’s know some of them.
BENEFITS OF GOOSEBERRY/AMLA POWDER :
- Gooseberry is very good source of vitamin c, which is great for boosting collagen production
- It is rich in antioxidants that fights with free radicals
- Helps to boost your immunity
- It also helps to keep your skin healthy and glowing
- Maintains your digestive system and makes your hair healthy, strong and long.
BENEFITS OF BEETROOT POWDER :
- Beetroot has phytonutrients which helps to detoxify your body and keeps liver healthy
- It helps to reduce risk of anemia
- Antioxidants and vitamin c present in it helps to encourage collagen production
- Beetroot gives your skin a natural pink glow and makes your skin healthy
- Also helps to boost immunity.
BENEFITS OF ORANGE PEEL POWDER :
- Orange is again rich in vitamin c that boost collagen production
- Orange being good source of antioxidants, fights with free radicals
- Helps to make your skin healthy and glowing
- Being good source of fiber, it helps to prevent constipation
- Makes your hair and eyes healthy too.
BENEFITS OF MINT POWDER :
- Mint powder helps to refresh and detoxify your body
- It also helps to improve your digestion
- Mint is rich in antioxidants, which helps to boost collagen production in your body
- Helps to make your skin healthy and glowing.
BENEFITS OF FLAX SEEDS :
- Flax seeds are power house of antioxidants that increase collagen production, makes skin firm
- Makes your hair strong and healthy
- Flax seeds are high in fiber and helps to improve digestion
- Makes you skin healthy, glowing and reduce dryness
- Helps to make your nails strong and healthy.
BENEFITS OF PUMPKIN SEEDS :
- Pumpkin seeds has anti-inflammatory properties, helps to reduce inflammation
- These are rich in antioxidants, fights with free radicals and boost production of collagen
- Helps to promote good sleep
- Pumpkin seeds also have anti-aging properties, that helps to make your skin younger
- Promotes nail and hair health.
BENEFITS OF PEANUTS :
- Peanuts helps to make your heart healthy as they contains healthy fatty acids
- These are loaded with vitamin E, which helps to make your hair healthy and strong
- Peanuts are rich source of amino acids, helps to prevent fatigue and illness
- Again peanuts are good source of antioxidants that makes your skin healthy, fights with free radicals
- Boost collagen and make your bones, joints and nails healthy.
BENEFITS OF ALMOND :
- Almond is good source of vitamin B12, that helps to make your brain healthy
- Being excellent source of fiber, almonds helps to improve digestion
- It is packed with vitamin E, which makes your hair strong, long and healthy
- Almond also helps to make your skin healthy and firm naturally by boosting collagen
- Supports bones, joints, nails and eye health.
BENEFITS OF OATS :
- Oats helps to lower cholesterol levels and maintains heart health
- These are rich source of minerals and vitamins
- Also helps to provide you energy
- Oats are rich in antioxidants which helps to boost immunity, boost collagen, makes your skin, nails and hair healthy.
- These are amazing source of fiber, keeps your digestive system healthy.
HOW TO CONSUME THIS HOMEMADE COLLAGEN POWDER ?
It is very easy to consume this everyday. Simply take 1 spoon of this collagen powder before breakfast with Luke warm water.
You can also take this by mixing 1 spoon of collagen powder in 1 spoon of honey ( of course if your are not vegan ).
This homemade collagen powder is really amazing to support your overall health including collagen. This will improve your skin, nails, hair, bones and joint health.