This diy homemade Activated charcoal shampoo recipe is perfect for removing product build up from scalp.
WHAT IS ACTIVATED CHARCOAL ?
Activated charcoal is basically a pure carbon which is made from wood, organic material found in damp areas, debris or from other sources of carbon. It can also be made from coconut shells.
It is processed at an extreme high temperature which increases it’s surface area. Increase in surface area increase it’s ability to absorb.
Activated charcoal carries negative charge which attracts toxins & other heavy metals from your body & skin.
BENEFITS OF ACTIVATED CHARCOAL
- Activated charcoal helps to detoxify by removing toxins and heavy metals from your body
- It helps to clean and purify water making the water safe to drink
- Using activated charcoal toothpaste, helps to improve oral health and whitens teeth naturally
- Activated charcoal reduces bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol
- As activated charcoal carries negative charge it helps to pull out toxins like magnet
- Activated charcoal helps to make your skin clear and glowing
- It helps to remove dead skin cells, pollution and excess oil from skin
- Activated charcoal is gentle yet powerful ingredient for natural health, skin and hair care
- It act as a natural exfoliator and removes blackheads
- Activated charcoal has anti-ageing and anti-inflammatory properties.
There are so many other benefits of using activated charcoal in your daily routine.
HOW TO MAKE ACTIVATED CHARCOAL SHAMPOO AT HOME
- Activated charcoal powder – 2 tablespoons
- Castile soap – 150 ml
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Lavender essential oil – 10-12 drops
- Distilled water – 250 ml
- Empty bottle – 1
- In a bowl pour castile soap
- Add coconut oil, activated charcoal powder and mix
- Then add essential oil and mix the solution properly
- Now add distilled water gradually and mix
- Your homemade activated charcoal shampoo is ready
- Pour the shampoo in the empty bottle.
HOW TO USE ACTIVATED CHARCOAL SHAMPOO ?
- Take a coin sized portion of the shampoo
- Rub the shampoo on wet scalp and hair evenly
- Rinse your hair with plain water.
If your hair are light colored, then make sure to rinse them 2-3 times to get rid of the dark colour of shampoo.
BENEFITS OF USING ACTIVATED CHARCOAL SHAMPOO FOR HAIR
MAKES HAIR SHINY : Activated charcoal helps to make your hair shiny, smooth and silky by nourishing your hair scalp
DEEP CLEAN YOUR HAIR : You may have used so many hair products on your hair such as hair cream, spray, wax, gel, serum and many other products.
This can lead to product build up on your scalp. Product build clog scalp pores which causes many other hair problems. As activated charcoal carries negative charge, it helps to pull out product build up from your scalp.
By removing product build up from your scalp, it deeply clean your hair scalp which improves hair growth and makes your hair healthy.
MAKES HAIR NON GREASY : Activated charcoal helps to remove excess oil from your scalp and makes your non greasy.
ALTERNATIVE TO ACTIVATED CHARCOAL SHAMPOO
ACTIVATED CHARCOAL HAIR SCRUB :
- In a bowl, add 1 tsp activated charcoal powder
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil and mix the scrub
- On wet scalp, scrub your hair with the mixture
- Let is sit on your scalp for around 10-12 minutes
- Rinse you hair with plain water
- Makes sure to rinse 2-3 times if your hair are light colored.
HOW TO MAKE ACTIVATED CHARCOAL SHAMPOO WITHOUT CASTILE SOAP
- If you don’t have castile soap, you can still make your activated charcoal shampoo
- Take 400 ml of a gentle shampoo, add 2 tbsp activated charcoal
- Mix everything and your shampoo is ready
- Make sure to use sulfate free shampoo, which is natural and gentle
- You can use this shampoo once a week or even twice if you want.
FINAL THOUGHTS :
Activated charcoal shampoo is amazing if you really want to deep clean your scalp and open clogged pores.
Though it is mostly used for skin care but it is also very beneficial for your hair as there are much more pores on our scalp which need to be cleaned.
You can also check out these other recipes of activated charcoal :