In this article you will learn how you can make your own diy activated charcoal scrub at home using this simple recipe.
Activated charcoal is a gentle and natural ingredient, which can do wonders for your skin. But before knowing it’s amazing benefits for your skin, Let’s see what it is actually and how activated charcoal is made.
WHAT IS ACTIVATED CHARCOAL AND HOW IT IS MADE ?
Activated charcoal is a pure carbon, which can be made from wood, coconut shells, organic material found in debris, damp areas or from other sources of carbon.
It is processed at a very high temperature which increases it’s surface area. Due to increased surface area it’s ability to absorb increases.
Activated charcoal has negative charge, that helps pull out toxins and heavy metals from your body and skin naturally.
Now you know about activated charcoal, let’s see the recipe to your own homemade activated charcoal scrub
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Activated charcoal powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
- Lavender or any other essential oil – 5 drops
- A clean container – 1
- Take a bowl and add sugar
- Then add coconut oil, essential oil and mix evenly
- Add activated charcoal powder and mix
- Pour the scrub in a jar and done
- Your homemade charcoal scrub is ready.
HOW TO USE :
- Take out some scrub and gently rub on your skin in a circular motion
- Rub for about 3-4 minutes
- Then wash with plain water
- You can use this activated charcoal scrub on face and body.
It’s a super simple recipe, which help to make your skin glowing and deeply clean. Let’s see some amazing benefits of it.
BENEFITS OF ACTIVATED CHARCOAL FOR SKIN :
- Activated charcoal pulls out toxins, pollution and dirt from skin easily
- It helps to remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Removes excess oil from your skin, prevents pimples and acne
- It also has anti-ageing properties and makes your skin firm and glowing
- Anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties present in it helps to prevent skin infection and pimples.
FINAL THOUGHTS :
Activated charcoal is an amazing natural ingredient which provides many benefits both for beauty and health. You can use this in your daily life in many ways.
It is excellent for filtering water, whitening teeth and detoxifying your body and has so many other benefits.
HERE ARE SOME OF MY OTHER ACTIVATED CHARCOAL RECIPES :