In this article you will learn how to make peach lip balm at home or easy diy peach lip balm.
Do you love the color of peach ? Well I love everything about peach. Eating peach and having iced peach tea is one of my favorite thing in summers.
It’s fruity & not over powering scent can uplift your mood instantly. So, I just thought to make homemade peach lip balm.
This easy recipe does not require much ingredients. It is easy to make, fruity and the most amazing lip balm. It also serve as a perfect gift for your friends and relatives.
Along with the recipe, I will share some benefits of using this lip balm.
- Shea butter – 2 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Beeswax – 2 tbsp
- Candelilla wax ( for vegans ) – 1 tbsp
- Peach Essential Oil – 8 drops
- Natural orange pigment ( optional ) – for coloring
- Empty chap stick bottle or any clean small container
- In a bowl add Shea butter , coconut oil & beeswax
- Place this bowl on hot water and melt the ingredients using double boiling method
- After melting the ingredients, let the mixture cool a bit
- Then add peach essential oil and natural color ( optional ) and give a nice mix
- Pour the lip balm mixture in container or chap stick bottle carefully
- Then let the lip balm solidify
- Now, your homemade diy peach lip balm is ready.
Now, you know the recipe. Let’s know the benefits of using this peach lip balm for your lips.
BENEFITS OF SHEA BUTTER FOR LIPS :
- Shea butter is a natural moisturizer, that helps to provide moisture to your lips
- It is rich in fatty acids & vitamins, helps to make lips soft
- It also helps to reduce pigmentation on lips
- Shea butter is amazing at healing dry, dull and chapped lips
You can also check out this fluffy homemade body butter recipe to get smooth and silky skin.
BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL FOR LIPS :
- Coconut oil has essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. It helps to provide deep nourishment to your lips
- It has anti-microbial properties, which helps to prevent any bacterial growth on lips
- It’s soothing nature helps to treat sore lips, reduces dryness, dullness and irritation
- Coconut oil also helps to reduce lips darkness and helps to hydrate lips.
BENEFITS OF BEESWAX FOR LIPS :
- Beeswax is the mostly used wax when it comes to making your diy lip balm. It is because beeswax contains natural moisturizer
- It is a non-toxic wax and helps to provide your lips amazing moisture
- Beeswax is an affordable, natural & easily available ingredient. It gives a nice texture to your lip balm
- It does not clog pores and make a protective layer on your lips, letting your lips to breath
- Beeswax also helps to reduce dryness and chapped lips.
BENEFITS OF PEACH ESSENTIAL OIL FOR LIPS :
- Peach essential oil is made from the pit or kernel of the peach. It contains fatty acids and vitamins
- It is light & gentle in nature, does not make your lips feel heavy and greasy
- Peach oil helps to lock moisture in your lips and make them soft and plump
- It helps to treat dry, chapped and sensitive lips
- It has a natural and light weight fragrance
- Peach oil helps to hydrate your lips & provides a natural shine.
FINAL THOUGHTS :
When it comes to skin care, hair care or lip care. It is always good to make your own diy products. As you know what kind of product suits you well. You always have the option to substitute one ingredient with other.
In this recipe also if you don’t have Shea butter, you can simply skip it and you can use whatever type of butter you have like cocoa butter, kokum butter etc .
This homemade peach lip balm, is made from all the natural ingredients. When you buy a lip balm from store they contains so many chemicals and artificial flavorings.
So, Make this amazing lip balm at home and share it with your friends, family and relatives.
Also see these other amazing lip balm recipes that you can easily make at home :
Diy lip balm for sensitive lips
Peppermint and chocolate lip balm