Learn this easy recipe to make your own diy peppermint & chocolate lip balm at home.
Are you a chocolate lover ? Then this chocolate lip balm recipe is specially for you. I love to make lip balms at home as these are super affordable, non-toxic and great for making lip smooth and moisturized.
You always have the option to choose ingredient that suits you best when you make your own diy products. The best thing about these homemade lip balm is that you can add any flavor you want.
So, at the end of the recipe I will be sharing some other flavors that goes very well chocolate lip balm. Also If you are a regular reader of my blog you know I always share the benefits of using the recipe we make.
Let’s get to the recipe
- Unsweetened organic cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Beeswax – 2 tbsp
- Peppermint essential oil – 5-6 drops
- Any small container or empty lip balm bottle- for storage
- In a bowl add beeswax and coconut oil
- Melt them using double boiling method on medium heat
- Add cocoa powder and give a nice mix to avoid any lumps
- Remove the bowl from heat
- Let it cool a bit
- Add peppermint essential oil and mix
- Pour the mixture in container or bottle
- Let it solidify
- Your homemade peppermint and chocolate lip balm is ready.
SOME OTHER OILS YOU CAN USE TO FLAVOR YOUR LIP BALM
- Sweet orange essential oil
- Cinnamon essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Tea tree essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Rose oil
CAN YOU USE OTHER CARRIER OIL ?
Yes, you can always choose your base or carrier oil when doing diy. Also every oil has it’s own benefits you may not compare one oil with the other. It is always your choice which oil you want to use.
So, below are the carrier oils you can use in this recipe
- Olive oil
- Rosehip oil
- Grape seed oil
- Jojoba oil
- Wheat germ oil
- Avocado oil etc.
Let’s know some amazing benefits of using this homemade peppermint chocolate lip balm :
- Cocoa powder contains antioxidants & helps to moisturize your lips
- Cocoa powder also helps to repair chapped lips naturally
- Coconut oil provide intense nourishment to your lips
- It helps to make your lips soft, smooth and reduces dryness
- Coconut oil also helps to reduce pigmentation on lips
- Beeswax is a non-toxic wax, which forms a protective layer on your lips
- It helps to lock moisture in your lips & keeps them soft
- Peppermint oil gives your lip balm a nice and refreshing fragrance
- Peppermint oil also helps to give plump to your lips naturally.
FINAL THOUGHTS :
This homemade peppermint chocolate lip balm is filled with so many benefits that you may not get with the store brought lip balms.
It’s a non-toxic, affordable & natural lip balm, which helps to make your lips healthy and beautiful naturally.
You can also check out some of these simple and natural homemade lip balm recipes :