Learn how to make milk and honey lip balm at home with this easy recipe.
When it comes to natural lip care, then homemade lip balms are the best. Making lip balm at home is kind of fun activity while saving money on buying expensive toxic lip care products.
Best thing about making your own lip balm at home is that you always have the choice to choose ingredients. You can select those ingredients which suits you best. Homemade lip balms also serve as an amazing gift.
There are always some substitute for every ingredient you use in your diy. So, this recipe is basically for milk and honey lip balm. Along with the recipe I will share some great benefits of using milk and honey for your lips.
Without wasting any time let’s see the recipe
- Shea butter – 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Beeswax – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Unsweetened milk powder – 1 tbsp
- Any essential oil ( optional ) – 5 drops
- Firstly we have to melt the ingredients using double boiling method
- Place a heat proof bowl on boiling water
- Add shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax in it
- Stir the ingredients and let them melt
- Remove the bowl from water and let it cool for few seconds
- Add honey and mix
- Then add milk powder gradually and mix
- Stir the mixture properly to avoid lumps
- Then add essential oil and mix
- Pour the lip balm mixture in empty container and let it solidify
- Your homemade milk and honey lip balm is ready.
A LITTLE TIP TO MAKE THIS LIP BALM RICH AND CREAMY :
Milk powder can be grainy. So, you can grind the milk powder and then sieve it to get the really fine milk powder.
Make sure when you add milk powder, stir it evenly to avoid lumps. If the mixture gets extra cool and you have trouble with mixing the powder, then you can keep the bowl on water again. This way your lip balm mixture will be creamy.
So, now you know the recipe. Let’s see the benefits of using it.
BENEFITS OF MILK FOR LIPS :
- Milk contains lactic acid which helps to remove dead skin cells
- It helps to reduce lips darkness and pigmentation
- Milk helps to reduce dry and chapped lips
- It also helps to hydrate and provide moisture to your lips
- Helps in making lips soft and smooth naturally.
BENEFITS OF HONEY FOR LIPS :
- Honey is a very gentle ingredient for your lips. It helps to moisturize lips and locks it
- It provides your lips a natural protective layer, prevents dry and chapped lips
- Honey also act as a natural conditioner, which makes your lips super soft and smooth
- It removes dead skin cells and reduces lip darkness
- Honey gives a slight natural plump to your lips
- It also helps to sooth and calm irritated, dry and chapped lips.
FINAL THOUGHTS :
This homemade milk and honey lip balm is perfect for overall lip care in a natural way.
As it contains shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax, they are also very beneficial for your lips. So, this lip balm is a non-toxic, natural lip therapy.