This diy matcha green tea sheet mask is perfect to get amazingly glowing skin naturally.
WHAT IS MATCHA GREEN TEA ?
Matcha is a fine green tea powder but it is different from regular green tea. As it’s plantations are shaded for around 20 days before starting to harvest. This process makes the tea to grow without direct sunlight.
The above process enhance alkaloid caffeine and amino acid theanine in the tea which makes the aroma of matcha tea distinct.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MATCHA GREEN TEA ?
- It is rich in antioxidants, which helps to fight with free radicals
- It helps to make your skin firm and glowing naturally
- It has caffeine similar to coffee but it is absorbed at a slower rate by your body, which reduces the side effects of caffeine
- Matcha green tea helps to boost metabolism and helps in weight management
- It is rich in anti-inflammatory properties
- Helps in detoxifying
- Drinking matcha green tea helps to enhance your mood
- It is proven to reduce bad cholesterol
- It reduces excess oil from skin and makes skin clear by removing toxins
- Matcha green tea helps to boost immunity.
Matcha green tea is so versatile as you can make matcha green tea face mask, matcha soap, matcha latte, deserts etc.
HOW TO MAKE MATCHA GREEN TEA SHEET MASK
- Matcha green tea – 1 teaspoon
- Hot water – 70 ml
- Aloe vera gel – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chasen ( Bamboo whisk )
- Soft face tissue – 1-2
- A Sieve
- A Pair of scissors
Step 1 : Make face sheet mask
- Take a soft, absorbent face tissue
- Fold the tissue in half and draw a semi circle then cut
- You will get a round shape sheet
- Now draw two holes for eyes and cut
- Draw a rectangle type circle for mouth and cut
- Cut the tissue for nose area and make two cuts around chin area on the tissue
- You face sheet mask is ready.
Step 2 : Make matcha green tea
- Take a bowl and sift 1 teaspoon matcha green tea using fine sieve
- Add some hot water ( remember water should not be boiling it can be hot only )
- Using chasen, whisk the tea in a zig zag motion to mix the tea water
- It is important to whisk the tea properly as it is so fine, does not dissolve in water and naturally forms clumps
- Add the remaining hot water whisk until it you a good consistency ( without lumps )
- Add aloe vera gel and mix
- Your matcha green tea is ready.
Step 3 : Making sheet mask
- As soon as you make matcha tea dip the face sheet in the tea for about 6-8 minutes
- Let the face sheet absorb the tea
- Remove the sheet from tea and place it in refrigerator for 3-4 minutes and take the sheet out
- Your matcha green tea face sheet mask is ready.
- Wash your face with any face wash to remove all the impurities
- Squeeze out excess tea from the sheet mask
- Place the sheet mask on your face properly
- Sit back and relax for about 10-12 minutes
- Remove the sheet mask and wash your with plain water
- Pat dry your face and you will see noticeable difference.
As matcha green tea is power house of antioxidants. It helps to fight with free radicals. These free radicals are the main cause of ageing.
Using this homemade matcha green tea sheet mask will twice a week, will help you to make to your skin firm and glowing naturally.
EXTRA TIPS :
- You can use any other tissue or rice paper as a substitute for cotton tissue ( Cotton tissue is highly absorbent, less expensive and biodegradable )
- Do not brew matcha green tea on flame. As it does’nt need to be cooked
- Do not use spoon or fork to mix the matcha tea in water it will form even more lumps.
HOW TO MAKE MATCHA TEA WITHOUT CHASEN OR BAMBOO WHISK ? ( 2 METHODS )
Method 1 : Use blender
- In a small blending jar add matcha green tea powder
- Pour all the hot water and blend for about 1-2 minutes
Method 2 : Use a bottle
- Take a bottle add matcha tea powder
- Pour hot water, close the bottle
- Shake, shake, shake and shake until you get the desired consistency.
FINAL THOUGHTS :
Matcha green has so many health and beauty benefits. It’s the reason why it has become so popular these days. Many beauty products use matcha tea as their main ingredients but they are bit expensive.
So, this homemade sheet mask is an expensive way to get the amazing benefits of matcha green tea at home.