In this article you will learn how to make diy shaving butter at home with this super simple homemade shaving butter recipe.
WHAT IS SHAVING BUTTER ?
Shaving butter helps to make your skin smooth, avoid ingrown hair and reduces skin irritation while shaving. Shaving butter looks like a body butter and you can always substitute some ingredients with other as per your skin needs.
DOES SHAVING BUTTER WORK AS A HAIR REMOVING CREAM ?
No, shaving butter does not work as an hair removing cream, you can use this shaving butter with a good quality women razor.
Let’s learn how you can make your own natural diy shaving butter at home
- Shea butter – 4 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Aloe vera gel – 1 tsp
- Lavender essential oil – 5 drops
- Chamomile essential oil – 5 drops
- Arrowroot powder – 1 tsp ( to avoid greasiness )
- In a bowl add shea butter and coconut oil
- Melt them using double boiling method
- Remove the bowl from heat and let the ingredients cool for few minutes
- Add aloe vera gel and essential oils and mix everything
- Keep the bowl in the refrigerator for half hour to make it a little solid
- Remove the bowl, using a hand mixer or a fork whip the butter
- Add arrowroot powder gradually and whip
- Now take a clean jar and add your shaving butter
- Your homemade shaving butter is ready.
HOW TO USE THIS DIY SHAVING BUTTER ?
- Take some body butter on your hand
- Apply on the area you want to shave
- Use your razor in the opposite direction of hair
- Then rinse with water and done.
well, now you know the recipe let’s know why you should always use shaving butter.
BENEFITS OF USING SHAVING BUTTER FOR YOUR SKIN :
- Shea butter helps to nourish your skin deeply, reduces dryness and makes skin glowing
- Coconut oil also helps to moisturize your skin , reduces ingrown hair and avoid skin redness
- Aloe vera gel helps to soothe and calm your skin and has anti-ageing properties
- Lavender essential oil helps to reduce skin inflammation that can be caused due to shaving and soothes your skin
- Chamomile essential oil also has soothing properties, it helps to reduce burning sensation, heals wound and treats skin irritation.
HOW TO STORE THIS SHAVING BUTTER AND HOW LONG IT WILL LAST ?
You can store this shaving butter in a clean sterilised jar that has air tight lead. Also do not let water enter in your butter jar. This will easily last for 1-2 months.
WELL, IF YOU ALSO DO WAXING, THEN HERE IS MY SIMPLE RECIPE TO MAKE DIY AFTER WAXING GEL AT HOME. ALSO KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD AVOID AFTER WAXING.
FINAL THOUGHTS :
This homemade shaving butter is made from all the natural ingredients, this will help to make your skin super smooth and silky after every shave. Try this and share your experience here.