Are you looking for a natural alternative to retinol ? Then yes you are really at the right place. Here you will find how to make diy bakuchiol cream at home.
Bakuchiol is one of the best alternative to retinol, which is plant based and natural. So it works same as retinol but in the more gentle way.
Before diving into the recipe, firstly I will tell you what is bakuchiol and what does bakuchiol do to your skin.
WHAT IS BAKUCHIOL ?
Bakuchiol is extracted from the seeds and leaves of a plant called Babchi, the image you can see above. It is also considered as the best natural alternative to retinol.
It works similarly as retinol, which is used to boost collagen production, reduce wrinkles, fine lines, pigmentation and acne. Well retinol has few drawbacks like it is produced synthetically and also it makes skin dry.
So retinol is not suitable for every skin type, specially if your is dry and sensitive. It can also sometimes lead to skin irritation and redness.
BENEFITS OF BAKUCHIOL FOR SKIN :
1. Bakuchiol helps to fight with acne and reduces acne scars
2. It encourages production of collagen, which helps to make your skin more firm and younger looking
3. Has antioxidants, which helps to fight with free radicals and reduces wrinkles, fine lines naturally
4. Regular use of bakuchiol helps to reduce pigmentation, blemishes and even out skin tone
5. It also comes with anti-inflammatory properties, which helps to treat and calm irritated skin. Also it was used to heal wounds in old times.
Now let’s see how you can make your own bakuchiol cream at home. This recipe includes 2 steps, first step involves making bakuchi oil at home and second step is making the cream.
Step 1 : How To Make Bakuchi Oil At Home
1. Bakuchi powder – 2 tbsp
2. Jojoba oil – 4 tbsp
So, you can use any carrier oil of your choice like coconut, apricot, grape seed or any other oil.
1. Take a clean glass jar add bakuchi powder
2. Then pour some jojoba oil over it and mix
3. Make sure to mix it properly to avoid lumps
4. Then pour rest of the oil and mix
5. Close the lid of the jar and place this jar in clean and dry place for around 4 weeks
6. Stir the oil in between using a clean, dry spoon
7. After 4 weeks, strain the bakuchi infused oil using a muslin cloth in a clean jar
Your homemade bakuchi oil is ready to use. Now you can make your cream using this oil. So lets see the recipe
HOW TO MAKE BACKUCHIOL CREAM AT HOME :
1. Pure aloe vera gel – 4 tbsp
2. Bakuchi oil – 2 tbsp
1. In a clean bowl add aloe vera gel
2. Then add bakuchi oil
3. Mix everything nicely using a fork to make a smooth creamy texture
Your homemade bakuchiol cream is ready.
We already discussed benefits of using bakuchiol for skin. Now let’s know some surprising benefits of using aloe vera.
BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA GEL FOR SKIN :
1. Aloe Vera gel contains salicylic acid, that helps to reduce acne and prevents pimples
2. It helps to hydrate skin and reduces dryness
3. Has anti bacterial properties, helps to treat and heal wounds, rashes and burns
4. It is very gentle, helps to make your skin soft, treats irritated skin and helps to calm and soothe skin naturally.