In this article, you will learn some amazing benefits of lemon for health and beauty.
Lemon is an amazing source of vitamin C, iron, zinc etc. There are so many benefits of lemon, If you use lemon in your daily life it can be very beneficial for your health & beauty.
It can also be used in many other ways such as cleaning, natural repellent etc.
Lemon is a member of Rutaceae family. It is a citrus fruit and has bright yellow colour when it is fully ripe. Being citrus fruit it is rich in vitamin C which helps to boost your immune system.
Lemon is acidic in nature but after consumption when it is fully digested it has alkalizing effect.
SUPPORTS IN WEIGHT LOSS :
Lemon is a super fruit when it comes to lose extra weight or fat. As it helps to boost metabolism which leads to burn extra calories at faster rate.
You can simply drink lemon water with empty stomach in the morning to get good result.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON WATER :
- Take a glass of warm water
- Add 1 tbsp of lemon and 1 tbsp of honey in it
- Mix everything properly
- Drink this water everyday with empty stomach in the morning.
OTHER BENEFITS OF LEMON WATER :
- It has very low calories
- Remove toxins out of the body
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- It also helps in reducing constipation.
SKIN CARE :
Lemon is a magical fruit for your skin and has tons of benefits. It is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which helps to fight with free radicals that causes ageing.
Lemon also helps to make your skin clear, prevents and kills acne causing bacteria because of its anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties.
It also helps in removing skin tanning, evens skin tone, removes excess oil, removes blackheads and reduces blemishes.
HOW TO USE LEMON FOR SKIN :
FOR TANNING :
- Simply rub half piece of lemon on the area affected due to sun tan
- Wait for 4-5 minutes
- Wash with water
- Do this process 4-5 times a week until you get rid of tanning.
FOR CLEAR AND GLOWING SKIN :
- Cut lemon into half
- Put 1/2 tbsp of honey on lemon
- Rub it on your face
- Wash with plain water after 5-7 minutes.
HELPS TO BOOST IMMUNITY :
Lemon helps to boost your immune system. It is packed with vitamin C and antioxidants which helps to fight with free radicals which causes damage to our body.
It also has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties which helps you to fight with variety of diseases such as cold, cough, flu etc. You can simply drink lemon water on daily basis to boost your immune system.
HIGH IN NUTRITION :
Lemon is loaded with lots of nutrients, vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, C, B1, B3, B5, iron, zinc, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, calcium, carbohydrates etc and these all are required by our body to live healthy life.
HAIR CARE :
Lemon is very beneficial to maintain hair health. As it is loaded with vitamin C, E and antioxidants which helps to encourage hair growth, prevents hair fall and nourishes hair scalp and follicles.
Also helps to prevent and reduce dandruff and makes your hair smooth and shiny.
HOW TO USE LEMON FOR HAIR :
- Simply squeeze one lemon
- Add 1 tbsp of olive or mustard oil in it and mix properly
- Apply this mixture on your hair scalp evenly
- Wait for 7-8 minutes
- Wash your hair with regular shampoo.
- It will help to reduce dandruff and nourishes your hair scalp, provides shine to your hair.
HELPS IN DIGESTION :
Lemon helps to improves digestion. It is packed with fiber, acid ( pectin ) which helps to break down food into small parts that leads to better digestion and absorption of nutrients from the food.
Lemon also helps to remove heavy metals and toxins out of the body which again helps in better digestion, prevents constipation and maintains bowel regularity.
SOME AMAZING USES OF LEMON :
- Lemon juice helps to remove tough stains from dishes, crockery etc
- It helps in toilet cleaning
- It act as a natural deodorant
- Helps to keep insect and mosquitoes away.
SIDE EFFECTS ON EXCESS CONSUMPTION :
- It can lead to upset stomach
- It may cause damage to tooth enamel
- Excess consumption can cause excess peeing
- It can lead to lower blood pressure
- Having lemon in excess may cause sore throat.