In this article your will learn 3 easy ways you can make your own natural and non-toxic bathroom freshener at home.
When switching to non-toxic life, cleaning and freshener products are the ones to start with because cleaners, bottled fresheners are made with toxic and harsh chemicals.
These homemade bathroom air fresheners are made from natural ingredients. The best thing about these fresheners is that you can mix and match flavors and these are super affordable.
These recipe uses essential oils to give natural fragrance, So it is all up to you to choose your favorite essential oil. ( P.S I will give some amazing essential oil blends in the end )
So, Let’s learn how you can make your own bathroom air fresheners at home.
WAY 1 DIY BATHROOM AIR FRESHENER SPRAY :
This is a spray type bathroom freshener. You can simply spray all over your bathroom, it helps to eliminate bad odor an keeps your bathroom fresh.
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Lemon essential oil – 30 drops
- Vodka or Rubbing alcohol or Witch hazel – 2 tablespoon
- Empty and clean spray bottle
- Take a funnel and add water to the spray bottle
- Pour vodka or rubbing alcohol or witch hazel
- Add essential oil
- Give it a nice shake and done
- Your homemade bathroom freshener spray is ready.
You might be wondering why I used Vodka, Rubbing alcohol or Witch hazel in this recipe, because these 3 of them helps to blend oil and water together easily. So you can use any one from these 3.
WAY 2 DIY BAKING SODA BATHROOM AIR FRESHENER :
This recipe uses baking soda as the base ingredient for our freshener. You just have to simply keep the freshener jar at any place in your bathroom and let the fragrance linger.
- Baking soda
- Lavender essential oil – 30 drops
- Empty and clean jar
- Fill your jar with baking soda
- Add essential oil
- Give it a nice mix
- Your homemade baking soda freshener is ready.
Make sure when you keep this jar do not cover the lid. Simply cover it with a net cloth and tie with a band. If your jar has plastic or tin lid then you can also make holes all over the lid and then cover it.
WAY 3 DIY GEL BATHROOM AIR FRESHENER :
This recipe is made in gel form. To create this you can use gelatin or agar agar powder. Also add food color to give your freshener a nice look. Place this freshener at any place of your bathroom.
You can also cover this freshener with a net cloth or lid with holes.
- Gelatin or Agar Agar powder – 1.5 tablespoon
- Water – 3 cups
- Vodka or Rubbing alcohol – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper mint essential oil -25 drops
- Food color – 3 drops
- In a sauce pan add gelatin or agar agar powder
- Pour 1 cup water and mix
- Heat on the low flame for 1 minute
- Remove from the heat and add the other 2 cups of water and mix
- Let the mixture cool just for few seconds
- Add food color and mix
- Add vodka or rubbing alcohol, mix it
- Then add essential oil and mix
- Pour the mixture in jar and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to let it set
- Your homemade gel bathroom air freshener is ready.
As I told you above, I’ll share some amazing essential oil blends. You can also try these out for your fresheners. You can adjust the quantity according to your requirement.
ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDS FOR AIR FRESHENERS :
CITRUS BLEND :
- Sweet orange 10 drops
- Grapefruit 10 drops
- Lemon 10 drops
WOODY BLEND :
- Patchouli 10 drops
- Sandalwood 10 drops
- Cedar wood 10 drops
PUMPKIN SPICE BLEND :
MINT BLEND :
- Peppermint 10 drops
- Spearmint 10 drops
- lime 5 drops
FLORAL BLEND :
- Lavender 10 drops
- Jasmine 10 drops
- Rose 5 drops.
FINAL THOUGHTS :
These are the most easy ways to make your own bathroom fresheners at home. These fresheners are non-toxic, natural and affordable. Well not only bathroom you can use them any where in your home, car or anywhere you like.
You can simply use a single essential or use any blend its all up to you. That is the beauty of making your own diy recipes.